Thursday, August 28, 2014

Get Away

Provincetown Harbor
Well I've been hanging in there ladies and gents. Not many posts, but not because I have fallen off the healthy lifestyle express. Nope, I just needed to take some time to myself. A few weekends ago my mother & myself went away for 3 glorious days. Went to Plymouth, Massachusetts and it was splendid. We toured the Mayflower, Plimoth Plantation, visited Plymouth Rock, went whale watching, and spent a day in Provincetown. While away I ate what I wanted, but still tracked and stayed within my calorie goal. Our hotel had a nice, but small gym so I was able to get a good workout in. I came home, weighed in and found that I maintained my weight. If only I had worked out another night I am convinced I would have lost a pound or two. This little getaway not only was a reward for my handwork so far, but also a chance for me to clear my head and de-stress. There has been some family drama that I have been dealing with because I am the helpful nurse, and loyal to my flesh and blood. So it was really nice to just get away, and enjoy something that didn't involve any of it. As soon as we got back I asked my mother "Where to next?"

Yes I am still on track. Yesterday I cut my calories intake down by 200 to see if I will see more of a downward trend in my weight. I'm so close to being down 20 lb. it hurts. I'm cutting back on my workouts because I don't think I wasn't giving my body enough time to recover. Some nights I will go to the gym at 10 or 11pm and then go back the next day at 11am. I'm going to try a 3 or 4 day a week schedule. Like I said in my first post I am re-evaluating as I go.

Now my weigh in!

Starting Weight: 245.8
Current Weights: 228.4

That is 17.4 lb that are completely and totally gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment