Sunday, August 3, 2014

It isn't always about the scale victories.

This caught my eye about a week or two ago on Instagram. At that point it was something I needed to see. The weight wasn't melting off me despite my hard work. I was starting to get discouraged. Then I saw this. At that point I could honestly say I accomplished every single one of those things listed. Sometimes it's the non-scale victories that really do the most for your moral.

My hard work has made my mother want to get back into the gym. She's been coming with me for about two weeks. She runs, I don't. Last week we were on our way to the gym and passed my old high school. "Hey why don't we go to the track?" I suggested. I wasn't thinking, it just seemed like a great idea as I saw that nice turf come into view. Mom was all for it since she loves running. Let me tell you something. I am not in any way, shape, or form a runner. I never have been. I have horrible wide feet that never seem to fit in any sneaker correctly. I get blisters, and have horrible foot pain. But do you know what? I ran. No I didn't run a mile, or even a half. I ran the straight stretches, which equaled out to 1/4 mile. My calorie burn was 550 for 45 minutes of work. I was sore for 3 days after. I also gained 5lb. those days following. Did you know that sore muscles retain an obscene amount of water and cause weight gain? Well they do, and they did. I'm still fighting sore muscles because I decided that trying the treadmill last night was a great idea (it was not). I'm determined to be able to run a 5K within the next year. After I lose a significant amount of weight and don't notice my feet improving I will get fitted for running shoes, and inserts if needed. I will be a runner, mark my words. It is nice to try different things. In a few weeks I'm going to try a Body Pump class with a co-worker. I have Les Mills Pump at home, but always find and excuse to not do it. I am not a home workout person.

And now to my most recent weigh in!

Starting Weight: 245.8
Current Weight: 233.6

That's 12.2lb. lost! I've also tracked on MyFitnessPal for 45 days in a row!


No comments:

Post a Comment