Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Changes happen off the scale too.

Any diet or lifestyle change can be discouraging. Without results people fall or leap off the wagon. This was me a few weeks ago when my scale decided to become a useless piece of expensive glass and electronic innards. I whined "I don't even know how heavy I actually was to start!" Whined that I didn't know what progress I had made in the weeks before. I realize today, as I am starting to see progress, the changes I made that week are huge.

I have finally successfully kicked my soda habit. This was done without even trying. I just started ordering water or unsweetened iced tea out. When I was home the same constituted my fluid intake. I no longer have that craving for carbonated beverages. Huge success! I am controlling my portions like a boss. Yes I am using a child sized plate to eat off, but it works! I weigh and measure most of my food. There is some guessing from time to time if I am going to be totally open with you all. All those meals go into MyFitnessPal. I've tracked my meals for 26 days! All of my days off now are not complete without a trip to the gym. A little modification has been done to my previous plan. I had planned to do cardio mixed with free weights. This is what I started doing, and was enjoying it. Until I noticed the scale not moving. We all know how that story usually ends. Instead of quitting I decided to just try 30-40 minutes of cardio, no weights. Guess what? I started losing. I will incorporate weights sooner than later. I just think for my sanity seeing the scale move was needed.

That being said I noticed last night that things are starting to fit better. A pair of PJ pants I am almost certain were tight on me, to the extent I took them off and put them away, are loose now. Day by day I am seeing and feeling changes. Changes are good.

Now for the weigh in!

Starting Weight: 245.8 lbs
Current Weight: 239 lbs

I'm going to keep doing what I am doing with my eyes on the prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment