Thursday, July 10, 2014

Taking it one day at a time.

I was off today. This is a three day work week for me. I picked up a day from a co-woker, she needed it off for family matters. Any other time in my life I wouldn't be mad about working. This week I am mad though. Work is cutting into my gym time. Just those two days away seemed like a week. I only did cardio today, 40 minutes of it. But that are 40 minutes I spent of myself, 386 calories gone. And before you all say "Get up before work and workout." No, I will not. This chick doesn't do 4am.

It only took 2 weeks, but the gym is now part of my routine. I feel crappy when I am at work not working out. Yes as a nurse I get plenty of activity, but it is different. That is why I also feel that much more inclined to kick my ass at the gym. Simple walking on the treadmill will not benefit me as much as a sweat fest on the arc trainer. Walking is better than no activity, but its not for me. With that being said I am hoping to team up with the treadmill after I drop some weight and get fitted for running shoes. I have horrible foot pain and it's either weight related or a foot issue or both. Time will tell. I'd like to be a runner when I grow up.

My calorie intake has been on point. Been eating less fruit this week, and we will see how that equals out in my weigh in. My appetite has completely changed this time around too. I am hungry at the appropriate times. Not just when I am bored, or random times during the day. It's a combination of my workouts and water intake I think. I am trying to drink a gallon of water a day. I have a 32oz Bubba Mug, fill it 4 times and that is my intake goal for the day. I've been off sodas of all types for 3 weeks. I'm strictly only drinking water, and unsweet teas. There are many days (generally days I work) were I am not taking in at least three 32oz mugs. Today I slacked as well. But it has helped. And amazingly enough I don't miss soda one tiny bit.

Just taking it day by day. Not letting the scale rule me. Not letting one bad day get me off track. One more day of work tomorrow, then FIVE glorious days to hit the gym ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment