Monday, July 7, 2014

The struggle is real!

Losing weight is a frustrating process. Which is why so many of us struggle with it. I've been on a new journey going on 3 weeks. Today I stood on the scale, and felt absolutely defeated. I've been working out every single day I have off from work. Putting my all into it. Watching my calorie intake, finally kicked the diet soda habit. I'm seriously in it to win it this time. And to see the scale go up!? I know it could be muscle gain, I know it could be many other factors. It's still painful. This time I'm not going to let that feeling of defeat win. It's just making me want to work harder. 

This morning I decided to cut out the fruits I was eating daily, sometimes several times a day. Maybe it's the natural sugars. I'm going to add another 30 minutes of cardio to my workouts in the next week or so. I'm splitting up cardio because an entire hour on those machines is torture for me. Ever want to get a confession out of me? Throw me on a treadmill or elliptical for an hour or more, I'll talk! 


My workouts have been great. I burn no less than 400 calories each gym trip. Those are calories I haven't been tracking in MyFitnessPal. Right now I do not want to eat them back. I'm trying to maintain 1700 calories a day. I have been doing pretty good sticking with that. I think though I need to really, really watch my portions and measure everything I eat. I have my scale and measuring cups and spoons easily accessible. 

Also halfway through the first few weeks I purchased a new scale. I had the hi tech Withings WiFi scale. Has all these fancy features & cost me an arm & a leg. Please tell me how I could stand on it and weight one weight. Then stand on it again 3 minutes later and be up or down 10lbs?! So I am not even entirely sure my starting weight is what I think it was. I'm just assuming. That is also depressing because I could have very well dropped 10lbs & wouldn't know for sure.


So my starting weight, the one I am going with is 245.8lbs. Last tracked weigh in a few days ago was 240.3lbs. Not a bad loss right? Then why is it depressing me? I know its not healthy to lose fast. I don't want hanging skin if I can avoid it. Slow & steady wins the race.


I'm going to be posting more. Things from food I am eating, recipes I have loved, things I have purchased, weigh ins, just rants. There might be posts here that are nothing but me whining. It happens, it's my blog & I am going to do what I want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment